Wednesday 17 March 2021

Love a challenge!

Hello friends.  I hope you are well.

Do you like a challenge, well, I mean a cardmaking challenge?  LOL!  I always enjoy a good challenge to kickstart my creativity and I have made cards for three challenges this week.

First up is this one, my favourite, which I made for my mother-in-law for Mother's Day and it fits perfectly into this challenge, I think, which is to use Shapes.  This challenge can be found at Addicted to CAS #193.  I used a cute (retired) hexagonal punch and some (current) Designer Series Paper (DSP) Hydrangea Hill from Stampin Up, along with the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set from the olden days!  The colours are amazing on this paper, don't you think?  Included is Mossy Meadow, Rococo Rose and Highland Heather.  The sentiment is from the beautifully functional Family Party stamp set in the current Annual Catalogue.


Next up, is a card I have made for the challenge at Alphabet Challenge, where the letter this time around is 'Y' for 'yellow', and I'm also entering this card into the challenge at Colour Crazy Craft where it's Anything Goes as long as it's hand-coloured.  My card is hand-coloured but I don't think it stands much of a chance as an entry because there is so little colouring in it!  I like how his card is a lovely reminder that spring is definitely around the corner!


For this card, I stamped the little bird and arrow image in black archival ink and coloured it in with Stampin' Write markers (Daffodil Delight and Bermuda Bay).  The sun was stamped in Daffodil Delight and the sentiment is archival black ink.  The stamps in this card are all from an old retired Hostess set called Hello Love.  I layered the white card onto Daffodil Delight cardstock.

Thank you for stopping by today!  Stay safe x

9 comments:

  1. These are both adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are neighbors in the gallery at Alphabet Challenge so I wanted to drop by and say Hi Neighbor. Your little bird is so cute, I can hear him singing to the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these cards are adorable. I really like those designer papers you used with that punch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your simple yellow bird. It's really appealing. Thanks for joining my challenge at the Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two gorgeous cards Karen, love the wee bird on an arrow..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGoodness! I love this little bird and this amazing CAS layout! It’s perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge - Y is for Yellow!
    Rachelle DT : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute crd, CAS to perfection. Thanks for joining in our challenge atAlphabet Challenges. Caz. DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. The quilt is such a wonderful way to showcase shapes. So creative. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute CAS design - love it!

    Thanks for sharing it with us at the Colour Crazy Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)