Wednesday 3 June 2020

Simple thinking of you card

Good evening, everyone.  I hope that you are all safe and well during these difficult times.

Today I would like to share another card for the CASe This Sketch challenge #374, using the below sketch.  I coloured the little leaf (MFT's Geometric Greenery) with Copics and die cut it using the matching die.  Then I popped the leaf up on foam.  The sentiment is from Lawn Fawn at Dies to die for.
I'm also entering the Word Art Wednesday challenge where Anything Goes.





There's a very sad story behind sending this card.  Seven years ago, my brother-in-law and his (ex) wife had a little boy, who was born at full term but had anencephaly.  The doctors discovered this diagnosis when she went for her 20 week scan.  Mum chose to go ahead with the rest of her pregnancy, knowing her little boy would not survive.  He was born on 5 June 2013 and died 75 minutes later.  Heartbreaking.  I had never heard of anencephaly before, but I just happened to be reading a novel in which the same thing happened to one of the main characters, so I had a bit of an idea about it.  Every year, I like to send him a card just to let him know we haven't forgotten his wee son or the loss and grief that he still lives with.  We believe that this wee man is now happy in heaven with other family members who have gone on before us.

Thank you for popping by today x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)